Divorce & Family Law Attorney
General Litigation including Family Law, Commercial Litigation, and Appellate Law.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, Doctor of Law (J.D.), cum laude, 1997
- Nova Southeastern University, Master of Science (M.S.) in Mental Health Counseling, 1992
- University of Miami School of Music, Coral Gables, Florida, Bachelor of Music (B.M.), 1988
Bar & Court Admissions:
- Florida Bar Association, 1997
- U.S. Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2001
Awards & Achievements:
- Earned the C.A.L.I. Book Award for the University of Miami School of Law’s Civil Rights course, 1997
- Earned Membership in the University of Miami School of Law’s Honorary Fraternity, Phi Delta Phi, 1996
- Chosen as Law Clerk for the Honorable Alan S. Gold in the Criminal and Family Divisions of the 11th Judicial Circuit, 1996
- Chosen as an Intern to the Department of Veterans Affairs Torts Division in Washington, D.C., 1995
- Member, University of Miami Entertainment and Sports Law Review, 1995
- Earned admission to the University of Miami School of Music’s Honorary Music Fraternity, Sigma Alpha Iota, 1987
Laura J. Grossman, Esq. started her career in law as an Associate handling family and commercial matters. She then worked for approximately twelve (12) years in Fort Lauderdale, Florida handling family law matters, insurance defense cases, professional boxing litigation, other general commercial matters, and family and criminal appeals on the state and federal levels. Subsequently, she worked in Aventura, Florida handling complex family matters and commercial matters. She has been with Cabanas Law Firm since 2016. Prior to law school, Laura interned as a counselor for at-risk junior high school and high school students at the Academy for Community Education in Coral Gables, Florida and worked as a psychological tester in nursing homes.
- Drafted Florida Law Academy’s Florida Bar approved, 17-Credit Family Law Guide Book, 2016
- Authored, Protection of the Moral Rights of the Digital Graphic Artist, Florida Bar Journal (2007), republished in 25 The Computer & Internet Lawyer 21 (2008) along with Peter E. Berlowe, Esq. and Peter Koziol.