Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys Pembroke Pines, Weston & Sunny Isles Beach, FL
A prenuptial agreement is a contract between two people who plan to marry. Many people hesitate to discuss this planning tool with their future spouse for fear of offending them prior to marriage. However, an open discussion about assets and what each person expects in the event of a break up and divorce can lead to a trust-filled relationship. Our family law attorneys will simplify this process for you by:
What is a Prenup?
- Discussing what to include in the agreement in the event of divorce
- Identifying assets and debts that were acquired before the marriage that will not be divided in the event of divorce
- Documenting how assets acquired during marriage will be divided in the event of divorce
- Documenting rights to pension and death benefits
- Documenting the possible alimony payments in the event of divorce
- Preparing the paperwork well in advance of the wedding to ensure no additional stress is added to preparing for the celebrations
- Explaining and negotiating the terms with your future spouse on your behalf
There are specific requirements that must be adhered to for executing the prenuptial agreement before the wedding date, in order for the agreement to be valid. These requirements are set forth in Florida’s Uniform Premarital Agreement Act. Our family law attorneys will help you create a document tailored to your specific situation that can save time and legal fees in the event of a divorce.
Broward County: Pembroke Pines • Miramar • Weston • Cooper City • Hollywood • Davie • Southwest Ranches • Sunrise • Plantation
Miami-Dade County: Sunny Isles Beach • Aventura • Golden Beach • North Beach • North Bay Village • Dania Beach • Hallandale Beach • Bal Harbour • Bay Harbor Islands • Indian Creek • Surfside
Have Questions Regarding Prenuptial Agreements?